- System Requirements
- Unzip Distribution Package
- BIM 360® Custom Integration
- A computer with a processor. This allows maximization of system performance and provides support for the largest size files possible. While much has been been written on this topic, please refer to for a concise explanation.
Please Note — If, for whatever reason, Naviate Cloud Manager must run in a 32-bit environment, please notify the Naviate Cloud Manager Support Team, who will be happy to provide a 32-bit compatible version. But also please note, there will be a limitation in maximum file size (4Gb) and general performance in certain operations.
- .Net 4.8 framework from Microsoft. Currently up-to-date Windows 10 operating systems will have .NET 4.8 installed. If it is necessary to install , choose the Runtime version. Please refer to the video below for more information regarding a missing .NET 4.8 framework and installation.
- The must be installed on the computer. This is generally done automatically with Windows 10 and recent releases of Windows Server operating systems. If you are running an up-to-date version of Windows 10, there is nothing to further to be done. If, however, a machine on which Naviate Cloud Manager is installed is missing these components, the following message appears when running the application:
- In this case, it is necessary to install the following executables (also available from the preceding link):
Unzip Distribution Package
The distribution package must be unzipped. First determine if the foreign computer protection is enabled by right-clicking on the zip file and then selecting “Properties”.
If the “Security:” section is visible, the foreign computer protection must be unblocked to allow proper extraction of the zip file content. Unblock the foreign computer protection by clicking the “Unblock” and then clicking the “Apply” button and then the “OK” button.
To extract the contents of the zip, right click on the zip file and select the “Extract All…” option. Set the destination to extract the contents and click the “Extract” button.
The installation of the Naviate Cloud Manager requires the distribution package to be unzipped and extracted. Navigate to the extract folder and locate the MSI installer file, Naviate Cloud Manager – vn.n.n.n.msi, and right click on the file and select “Install”.
Once the installation dialog appears, press “Next” to begin the process.
Please review the terms of the license agreement. Assuming the terms are acceptable, check to accept then click “Next” to continue. If this is a beta software release, the terms of the beta agreement must also be accepted.
Once terms acceptance has been checked, the “Next” button becomes available. Pressing “Next” from the Beta Software Agreement dialog begins the installation process.
Once the installation has finished the Completed wizard page appears. Clicking “Finish” from here concludes the process.
There should now be a program icon on the Windows desktop and a new folder located on the main Windows menu, at Start > Naviate Cloud Manager is now ready to use!
To uninstall Naviate Cloud Manager, go to the main Windows menu, Start > Naviate > Uninstall CloudManager.
Alternatively, use Start > Settings > Apps > Symetri Naviate Cloud Manager – v2.n.n.n > Uninstall.
This performs the same function as Programs > Uninstall a Program. Typically you will be asked for confirmation before the program is removed.
Once the uninstall has completed, all previously installed files, shortcuts and menu items are removed from the system.
BIM 360® Custom Integration
BIM 360® Custom Integrations must be configured to allow the Naviate Cloud Manager permissions to perform BIM 360® operations.
Custom Integration may not be enabled for all organizations. If Custom Integrations is not enabled, a simple request to Autodesk® is all that is needed to enable Custom Integrations. Follow the request instructions below:
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a request to convert your BIM 360® account to a developer account. Include the following information.
- BIM 360® Account Name - the email address you used to create the account.
- BIM 360® Account ID - the account ID generated when you created the account.
- Email address of the BIM 360® account admin.
Full details for setting up and defining access can be found at .